Health and Physical Education M.Ed.
We’re excited to announce we will offer a new online Master of Education program in Fall 2016. Students from all over the world are encouraged to apply and become part of our Health and Physical Education program!
P-12 health and physical educators who wish to:
- Extend their content and pedagogical knowledge for improved professional practice.
- Develop leadership skills that will allow them to lead curriculum development, program administration, and leadership roles at the local school level, and in professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels.
- Comprehensive School Physical Activity Programs
- Leadership and Advocacy
- Curriculum development
- Instructional assessment and program evaluation
- Supervision skills
In addition, the following elective courses are offered:
- Classroom Management Theory and Strategy
- Grant Writing and Fundraising
- Model-based instruction
- Technology in the Service of Learning
- Instruction for students with disabilities in physical education and sport
- Technology integration
- Comprehensive school physical activity programs
- Adapted physical education and sport
Please visit the following faculty profile pages for more information:
- Health, Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education certified teachers
- Currently teaching in P-12 settings
- At least two years of teaching experience[/item]
- A minimum of 36 semester hours are required to receive your degree
- Students may complete the program in 1 to 2 years
- Atlanta Public Schools
- Cobb County School District
- DeKalb County School District
- Fulton County School District
- Gwinnett County School District
Course Description & Classes
For information on program application requirements, application deadlines and how to apply, please visit our graduate admissions page.