The Sport and Urban Policy Initiative (SUPI) is a forum for scientific study of the ways in which sport (including youth, amateur, recreational, collegiate, professional, and international) interacts with, contributes to, and interferes with urban spaces.
Launched in 2016—the twentieth anniversary of the 1996 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Atlanta—the Sport and Urban Policy Initiative seeks to (1) engage in and promote interdisciplinary research that examines the relationship between sport and urban communities; (2) enhance public understanding of these relationships; and (3) inform policymaking. Learn more about SUPI.
In the News
- A $650 million secret: Why are the Raiders and Bank of America keeping loan details private (April 16, 2017)
- Why the Atlanta Falcons are ‘going green’ in 2017 (February 4, 2017)
- It’s no surprise the Texas Rangers want a smaller ballpark (October 29, 2016)
- Atlanta Braves’ pitch for new stadium offers lessons for Rangers (October 20, 2016)
- Episode 939: Death to dumb stadium deals (August 12, 2016)